Invented in the 1800’s, abrasive blasting (or sandblasting) is one of the oldest and most widely-used methods for heavy duty cleaning. The process involves using pressurized air to propel sand particles out at extremely high speeds. This creates a steady and fine stream of sand.
Abrasive blasting is most often used for removing paint and cleansing, but can also be used to remove heavy contaminants from metal and concrete surfaces. Abrasive blasting has many uses in many different areas such as bridges, silos, parking garages, factories, airports, ship yards and machine shops.
- Removes mold flash from plastic contaminants
- Removes scale or rust from fabricated components
- Great for etching smooth surfaces to allow paint to adhere effectively
- Can provide a matte cosmetic finish on consumer products or a surface texture
- Removes burrs or sharp edges
Unfortunately, the process of abrasive blasting can be very dusty and hazardous to health if not dealt with properly. At Spear Industrial Coatings, we abide by the highest level of safety protection possible. Our crews are equipped with breathing protection and protective clothing, as well as dust collectors.
Contact us at Spear Industrial Coatings at 432-606-4093 to find out how we can ensure a professional, clean, and precise job for your project.